Monday, March 25, 2013

♥ March Madness.

Can you believe it's almost April?  March sure has treated us well.

We've continued to survive school, keep up with our dating resolution, and celebrate Brooks' birthday!  One thing Brooks has been wanting for a while was a good bike, one he could ride to school and use for exercise, so for his birthday he got a beautiful black and red road/mountain hybrid and he was stoked. (Maybe I'll treat myself to one for my birthday in August so I can join him!)

He was so excited, he went to pick up the bike while I was still at work and sent me a picture.  Once it gets warmer we'll get one with him actually on it... Come on Utah.

Brooks' Birthday in Salt Lake.

This weekend, my parents, grandparents, and little brother came for a visit to good ole freezing Utah, and we had a blast. My grandparents were in town for a Family History seminar in Salt Lake (how cute are they?) and so my mom and brother decided to make an appearance to check the progress on the house and spend some much needed shopping quality time with us!

My mom and Stephen drove in at about 5 PM on Friday and met us in Daybreak at their new house.  They've only just begun the building process, but it was still fun to see it all dug out and the basement walls set up.  We headed straight over to one of our new favorite sushi joints "Blue Fish" which is right across the street from the new house, and I must say it had some of the best and freshest sushi I've had here in Utah. We then headed over to Salt Lake to see the greatest sister missionary, (who was just made Assistant by the way, whatta stud), for her birthday!  She is seriously doing amazing, and looks SO happy and full of the spirit.  It'll probably be the last time we see her before she comes home..... then again who knows, it's always tempting to pop over onto Temple Square for a quick visit.  Hey, you would too if you lived as close as I do.

In the making!
NATALIE.


 Cutest reunion ever.

So Saturday morning we woke up to SNOW EVEN THOUGH IT IS SPRING.  WHAT'S UP WITH THAT. Apparently Spring is the exact same thing as Winter here.  So anyways, my mom and I took a detour somehow on the way to the gym and stopped at our favorite place in the world: Costco.  I had been dying because both of our blenders had broken (they were reallllyyyy cheap) and I really wanted to start being healthier and hop onto the smoothies bandwagon, so with the help of my mom's input, (she is by far the best cook I know, and knows all of the greatest products), Brooks and I got our very own Blendtec!!  I was STOKED because I had just read all about the Blendtec in my friend Kaytee's adorable blog and was jealous of all the fun recipes she was able to make with it!  We then proceeded to buy tons of healthy groceries including kale, spinach, blueberries, strawberries, tomatoes, pineapple, etc. and had a quickie workout before we hurried home to make a new smoothie.  Let me tell ya, this blender is amazing.  I'm super picky and weird when it comes to textures, but this thing seriously makes everything so consistent and smooth, it's amazing.  You can make anything in it from smoothies to soups to waffle batter.  It also came with a cookbook with tons of delicious recipes which I'm so excited to try!  (Although I'll probably just copy all of Kaytee's recipes that she posts on her blog) It's the greatest, and SO easy to use for the technologically challenged like me.  Pricey, but worth it if you'll really use it.


After we enjoyed some delicious smoothies, we headed back to Daybreak to meet up with my favorites, good ole Gordon and Janet, the greatest grandparents you'll ever find.  Not only does my grandma keep up with my blog, Facebook, and Instagram account, but she also finds time to do tons of genealogy work for our church, and my grandpa is just about the funniest, nicest guy you'll ever meet.  I love them.  We showed them the new house, and fed the geese/ducks at the Marina right in front of my parents' house!  It is seriously so cute and quaint, and right down the street from the gorgeous Oquirrh Mountain temple.  They are going to live at a perfect location... well, perfect for Utah.  We will still severely miss California. After being chased by an evil goose for about 10 minutes, we got some lunch at the cutest cafe right by my parents' house called Cafe Bella Rue, which has the best Sweet Red Pepper Gouda soup, (something I will for sure be making in our blendtec), gelato, and sweet potato fries.  Seriously, if you ever make it to South Jordan you have got to make a stop there, it's the cutest.  After lunch we came back home and watched Wipeout.  I can't decide if watching the actual show, or watching my grandpa die laughing at the show was more entertaining.  No, it was definitely the latter.  He's a hoot.  He was even more entertaining while watching the Gonzaga game... he is constantly complimenting the players on their moves and exclaiming with excitement after every basket.  Love him like crazy.

Seriously, how cute is this marina?  It's right in front of their house and has docks to take paddle boats out on in the summer.  So charming.

Before a crazy goose chased me up a hill... and yes, now I understand the phrase "wild goose chase." It's real people.


Sunday was spent attending church and making a delicious dinner.... and more smoothies.  Can't get enough.  Our cousins Ariah and Danny came over, along with Danny's wife Jessica and their adorable baby William!  We had fun watching Sonic obsess over the baby and his cute baby smell.  Someday, (still far, far away...) he will be a cute little guardian over our own cute babe.  It was fun to catch up with them, even though I was multitasking by doing homework at the same time.  

 William LOVED Sonic.

Unfortunately, every fun weekend has to end.  We're sad that my grandparents are leaving, but thankfully my mom best friend is in town for a few more days!  She's brave enough to come be my "patient" at school on Tuesday, where I'll be perfecting my IV's on her.  What a sport.  

I love my family, and it was so fun having them around.  Crazy to think that in a few months they will be up here permanently!  Love them like crazy.  Also, I'll try to fulfill my mormon/wifely duty and post a fun recipe or two that I like with my new Blendtec!  

Xoxo.




2 comments:

  1. You guys are cute. So excited you got the blendtec! It is seriously amazing. We will have to be recipe buddies. Kendall and I are thinking of moving to South Jordan, it would be nice to know that good friends were close by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post, Christie! You have such a great way with words, and I love how everything you post is so uplifting and kind! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips