Friday, March 1, 2013

♥ So long, February.

Can I just say how much I love Brooks' family?
I honestly feel so blessed to be a Reynolds now and to have such a wonderful family.  This last week the Reynolds came to Utah to see my sister-in-law Lauren perform in her last dance concert as a cougarette.  It was SO much fun having them in town, even if it was far too short.  Although we were missing Garrett and Hunter, we were able to spend time with both sets of grandparents, Brigitte, and of course, my favorite in-laws.

 Cougarettes in Concert.



Yeah, I'm Asian now, it's cool.


 Lauren is an amazing dancer and we've loved watching her dance these past couple of years! BYU games just won't be the same without her cheering on the sidelines.... and getting us tickets.

The weekend mainly consisted of dance shows, Zupas, shopping, and an Oscar party, which I was more than okay with.

(As most of you know, Brooks and I are movie fanatics, and I just about died when Anne won.  Did she do an incredible job or what? Who knew our little Mia Thermopolis would soon be starring in my favorite book/musical/movie?)


 Also, I'm officially coming out of the closet as a Jennifer Lawrence fan.  I was dying at her trip and how she handled it afterwards.  Hey, if it got Hugh Grant off his feet to help her up than I might've done the same thing.


 The whole weekend was so much fun and I about cried when I had to say goodbye to my dear mother-in-law Melenie, and gave her about 10 hugs.

That's one thing I definitely take for granted.  At school and work I hear about my friends complain about their in-laws all the time.  I honestly can't relate, and that seems to be a very rare thing.  Coming from such a sweet mom and family, and being such a homebody, it definitely helps having a second family who makes me feel so loved while I'm away from my own family.  We are going to have some lucky and spoiled kids.

Well anyways, nothing too exciting is going on for the Reynolds right now.  We are just crazy busy with school and work, and pull all-nighters far too often. Thankfully we survive with the help of caffeine and keeping each other company.  It's actually quite fun, we run to the gas station and grab snacks that will help us stay awake, (a favorite of mine is hot cheetos. Try falling asleep with one of those bad boys in your mouth), then turn on our favorite movies as background noise, and have a sleepover in the family room.
 Even when one of us doesn't have to study, we always support each other by staying up all night reading or laughing at Jennifer Lawrence youtube videos.

Being married is fun guys.

Now, a new goal of mine I'm trying to start is being more grateful.  Gratitude is such a wonderful quality in my opinion.  Nothing makes me feel better than when I've worked really hard for someone and they are sincere and grateful.  It kind of hit me this week that I'm sure our Heavenly Father must feel the same way.  He blesses us so much, even when we are undeserving, and I really want to be better about expressing my gratitude through prayer and my everyday actions.

That being said, I'm going to try and end my blog posts with little things I'm grateful for.

So, after the month of February I learned that I am grateful for:

My health.  I never fully realized until enrolling into my program how truly blessed I've been in that category.  Not only have a never broken a bone or had a surgery caused from an injury, but I am able to live, breathe, and run to the fullest every day, never being hindered by a serious illness or disease, and that is a beautiful thing.

My family.  "The family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children." I'm so grateful for my family and for the love I have for each and every one of them.

My Car.  Sounds strange, but I honestly couldn't survive without it.  I drive by several people each day who aren't fortunate to own a car, and are walking around in the miserable cold, and it truly breaks my heart.  Without my car it would be much more difficult to help earn money to support Brooks and myself, and also to further my education. 

Our Heater.  For those of you who survived the winter in Utah this year, this one is pretty self explanatory. 

The Gospel.  It's amazing how truly rewarding the gospel has been in my life.  I am so much happier because of it, and I feel so blessed to have been raised with such wonderful principles.

Brooks.  Last but not least, my husband.  He is my rock, my best friend, my strongest defender and my biggest fan, and I am grateful for him each and every day.  

Now here's to the highly anticipated Spring weather, and the wonderful Easter candy to help us along the way.



 Xoxo.

3 comments:

  1. Christie, you are a gem. I love you.

    I couldn't agree more about having wonderful in-laws! I'm so happy you can relate.

    Gratitude is such a wonderful thing. It makes EVERYONE happier -- yourself, the people around you, and heavenly father too. Plus have you heard that it will help you live longer and healthier? true story.

    And AMEN to springtime! It couldn't come fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your wonderful and uplifting blog posts, Christie! Love you so much!!!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie,

    I love you and enjoy reading your blog. You have such a great way of writing. :) I'm thrilled that you are so happy! Can't wait to share the cold weather with you and be able to see you, Natalie, Brad (and hopefully Jeff, Emily, Eva and Genna) more often. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips