Wednesday, April 20, 2011

♥ Spring Cleaning.

Because I had to make a new blog, I decided to do some spring cleaning and "redecorate" it too.
I think I'll stick with this one for a while. =]
 
 Besides the blog, I feel like I've been spring cleaning every aspect of my life in preparation for marriage.

This week, for example, has been one of the most hectic, stressful, and crazy weeks of my life.

I've had finals, wedding plans, cleaning inspections, registrations, meetings, appointments, phone calls, photo shoots, and much, much more.

Lucky for me, there are a number of things that have kept me going!
  • Getting to see my bridals sometime between today and Friday.
  • School being FINISHED!
  • Getting to go home and live in my precious California with wonderful people once more. 
  • My crazy bachelorette party my friends are throwing for me.
  • Eating Chipotle, BJ's & Granite Bay Chinese once again.
  • Bridal shower with some amazing women.
  • Having only 24 days until I get married.
  • And my family getting in town TODAY!!

I am SO excited to see them!  
With all the craziness that has been going on in my life and the reality of being married and never living at home again really starting to hit me, it has made me quite homesick.

I can't wait to see my mom, dad, and my little buttmunch Stephen and live with them one last time for a few weeks!  

They are here for Brad's graduation 
(He's graduating at 24 with a masters in accounting! Congrats Brad!)
and I am in very much need of a family fix.

(Minus Jeff, Emily, & Eva who we get to see in a few weeks!)

Although it'll be SO hard to be apart from Brooks for a few weeks, I know it'll be good for me to spend this precious time with my family and friends, so I will try to make the best of it!

I'll miss you babes!


Only 24 more days!

2 comments:

  1. Love the new design! Especially your list of guilty pleasures, haha. Cadbury eggs... mmmmmmm.

    I know how you feel being homesick, and how the realization of being MARRIED hits you like a ton of bricks. I felt the same way a few weeks before I got married. I was so scared that I would lose the relationships I had with my family members because I was starting a family of my own. I didn't want to lose the security of being daddy's little girl and my mom's best friend. I almost felt like I was betraying my family because I was tying myself to another person and his family.

    But remember that this is THE BEST decision of your life! And good decisions always bring good things -- so even though life will never be the same, life will only get better as you and Brooks continue to fall in love throughout your marriage. You will be happier than you thought possible! Remember that you are marrying your best friend and that you are gaining another wonderful family and not betraying your own. Just think, what would I do now without my Savage sisters, brothers, and parents?? And what would I do without Jeff and Eva????

    Even though good things don't come easy, they are SO WORTH fighting for. You only have 24 more days until marriage!!! Can't wait to see you in the temple, dear Christie!

    (p.s. sorry for such a long comment, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha awww Emily I miss you! And you are so right, I know it's the right decision, it is just finally hitting me. So excited to see you in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips