Saturday, February 9, 2013

♥ I Love February.

February is one of my favorite months.

I don't know if it's the love in the air from Valentine's Day, the slightly warmer weather, or maybe it's just refreshing after the January gloom, but I sure do love it.  

With Brooks and I both working and going to school full time, things can get pretty crazy.  A typical day for me is like this:

Go to the gym.
Shower.
Get ready/eat breakfast.
Go to work.
Go to school.
Do homework/study.
Go to bed.

Brooks' schedule is pretty much the same as mine, except he has school in the morning, comes home in the afternoon, and goes to work in the evening, which basically means we hardly get to see each other.

I've been doing shots ALL DAY at school lately, which can get pretty tiring after 4 hours a day, every day.  I even enlisted my dad to be one of my "patients" this week, and he had the joy of receiving two shots in his Gluteus Maximus.  Needless to say it was pretty scarring for the both of us.
I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been hard on me, not only the increasing workload of school, but not being able to be with Brooks as much.  Thankfully, we have our 100 dates to force us to push aside schoolwork and make some time for each other.  This week was date #10 (and date #11 tonight) and I already am in love with it!! Not only does it help me plan out my week much better (Something very necessary when I have to plan an average of 2 dates a week), but it gives us both something to look forward to, and helps us try new things, instead of seeing a movie every week... (guilty pleasure of ours...)

Here are the dates we've been on since my last post!!

 Game night with some good friends of ours! One thing about me is that I LOVE games, and I get very competitive. I love board games, card games, word games, you name it.  I even love video games.  (I'm a beast at Mario Kart Wii and Modern Warfare on the Xbox. Well, at least I like to pretend I am.)

Play date in the snow!! It was freezing so I obviously didn't last very long (despite the four pairs of socks, gloves, and everything else I was wearing). And Brooks and I thought it would be funny to race in the snow.  Yeahhhh didn't think it through, and realized too little too late after falling flat into the snow. Smooth Christie.


This was one of my favorite dates so far.  Brooks told me he wanted to suprise me with date #5 and he took me to Build-a-Bear workshop!! We made a cute Valentine's dog which we now add to our Valentine's decorations.  It was definitely nostalgic since Build-a-Bear was my favorite past time as a little girl.

BYU Basketball game, which was fun because usually we can't go due to Brooks' work schedule!

Temple night.  We actually go to the temple quite often, at least every other week, but this time was special because we were able to go with my parents!  I love the peace that the temple brings, and being able to look at Brooks and be reminded of the covenants we made together and how lucky I am to be sealed to him.

What do you do when you're craving s'mores and it's negative temperatures outside?? You camp indoors of course.  (Which I have to admit I prefer over the real way.  It's a lot more fun to use a toilet instead of a bush.)

 This date makes me laugh.  Brooks and I went to Color Me Mine (a pottery place where you pick out a piece of pottery you'd like to paint, and then they bake it for you so you can take it home) and made a very simple dog dish for Sonic, painting it black and white, which STILL was a struggle for us.  If you know me at all, you'll know that not only have I never crafted anything before in my life, but I'm probably the least artistic person you'll ever meet.  Pinterest has always been a love-hate relationship for me because I see all these cute DIYs but I'm HOPELESS at them.  So if anybody wants to help a girl out, I'd love some EASY crafts to do!  (or someone who will secretly do them for me while I watch.) P.s. don't you just love when people take blurry pictures and call it good?


 Finally, an excuse to just eat food.  Tuesday was National free Pancake day at IHOP so we obviously went, and loved our free shortstacks after a long day of shots (for me) and business projects for Brooks.


I apologize to all my friends on Instagram who are surely annoyed by my date pictures already (get ready for 90 more...) BUT to justify it I am TERRIBlE at New Year's resolutions and I know for a fact I would get lazy with this if I didn't have to post it!  Plus, it's really been good for me, forcing me to take more pictures, which I never used to do as much! Soooo basically I'm saying deal with it suckas.

Other noteworthy news.... Sonic turned one on January 26th!  Needless to say it was quite the party.  He is one spoiled pup.

Can you tell he hates wearing the hat?


This little pup has been such a joy for us!! Now I still consider myself a "Big dog" person, and I can't wait till we can get one, (literally I can't wait, I have a KSL app and search the classifieds daily, but no worries mom, Brooks is making me wait) but I must say, it makes doing my homework much more enjoyable when this stud is snoozing on my lap.

He loves Gossip Girl.

Role reversal.

Well I should probably get going, since the only reason I started blogging was to procrastinate my homework... lessbehonest.

No worries though my friends, I had the ultimate guilt trip when learning in church about journaling (which I do zero of) sooo I'm going to start blogging a lot more.  I swear.  Until then, Brooks and I will spend our study breaks baking Valentine's treats and watching Netflix. 


Xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. You two look like dynamite in that temple picture! I hope this crazy part of life ends quickly so that you and Brooks can spend more down time together. But this date night thing seems like the perfect way to schedule time for each other! Don't be too surprised if Jeff and I do something similar next year... just sayin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are the cutest! God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips