Thursday, May 9, 2013

♥ Grades, Games, & Gatsby.

School is finally out for this girl. 

I passed my "final clinical" on Tuesday using my dad as my patient again, (what a trooper, even if he was secretly listening to the Giants game through his bluetooth the entire time), and am now on the hunt for an externship! I'm excited to finally be able to put my skills and training to use and be able to work full time and provide for my family.  

Brooks and I celebrated by going up to his grandparents' summer home in Midway and spent the day playing tennis and relaxing.  I love Midway, and it's always a breath of fresh air compared to congested little Provo.  I can't think of a better way to spend a beautiful Spring day.






These past few months I have forced myself not to read a single book as I've been concentrating on school, and was stoked to finally get my hands on The Great Gatsby again in preparation for the midnight showing tonight!  I fell in love with it all over again and literally read it cover to cover in about 5 hours.... judge me.  (I have watched the trailers for the movie about 7163520 times so it's safe to say I'm a teensy bit excited.)

 For those of you who need a refresher.



Fact:
I am definitely a bookworm and am excited to spend my evenings relaxing with Harper Lee rather than my textbook.  However, I feel kind of out of the loop and would love some good recommendations for summer reads!  (But if anyone suggests Twilight....I may die.) I love all books and have read pretty much everything ranging from Nicholas Sparks to Victor Hugo to Stieg Larsson.  I also would love some good LDS literature to read if anyone has any good suggestions.

Well anyways, Brooks and I are excited to have a relaxing week in Arizona next week for my sister-in-law Lauren's wedding!  We haven't been to AZ in almost a year and a half so it's long overdue.  We're also excited to spend our 2nd anniversary together (Ummm what?!) and have fun with Brooks' family.  We're also open to suggestions of "musts" to do/see while in AZ, and have already made it a point to visit the Grand Canyon, (which I have never seen, shocker I know), Last Chance, (which is basically the Nordstrom Rack of Nordstrom Rack, if that makes sense at all) and Sprinkles in Scottsdale.  Needless to say we have an eventful week ahead of us.  

Oh and by the way, the Sprint that Brooks works at in Orem is hiring, and it's an awesome job and super flexible with school!  Let me know if you're interested.

This week I am grateful for:

Family Prayers: I love feeling support from all my family, especially in times when I need all the help I can get.

Law & Order: Not only has it brought Brooks and I closer together (literally, since I make him play with my hair while we watch) but it also has made me paranoid and helps me lock my doors, something I've always been bad at.  It's the little things.

Nursery: Even though we've only had this calling for a couple of weeks, I truly am grateful for it and how it helps me prepare and look forward to Sundays.  It's also fun to read "Mickey's Mouse's Picnic" 17 times in a row to adorable toddlers sitting on my lap.

Love you all.
Xoxo.







3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on passing your exam and happy anniversary! Good luck on your job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl! I LOVE Midway! We have a house up there too! I think it's in the same neighborhood because they have like a really nice clubhouse and tennis courts too! We go up all the time with friends, we will have to invite you guys one time! I just bought the Gatsby book on my Kindle! Can't wait to read it. Hope the movie is good too! If you are looking for good reads I just posted my favorite books of all time on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, christie! : ) i love reading your blog, and you're such a great example of making the best out of life. : ) you need to read life of pi if you haven't already. it's my favorite book, and so beautifully written! : )

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips